Know Before You Go: Boulder Ranger District Office

BOULDER – The last of the leaves are turning and the first wisps of winter are brushing at the mountains. Seasons are changing at the Boulder Ranger District office as well. Before you hit the road to drive to the office for a permit, pass or map this winter, be sure to know before you go.

Boulder Ranger District Office

  • Hours: The office is open Mondays through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., however the information desk is closed for lunch from noon-1:00 p.m. and items are not available for purchase during this time. We are closed on weekends and Federal Holidays, including the following upcoming holidays: Veterans Day (Nov. 11), Thanksgiving (Nov.26), Christmas (Dec. 25), and New Year’s Day (Jan. 1).
  • Firewood permits: It is always best to call ahead for availability before coming in the office to purchase a firewood permit. Call 303-541-2507 for firewood permits. Permits for 2016 will be sold starting in February.
  • Maps: Forest maps are available for purchase and viewing on our website:
    www.fs.usda.gov/goto/arp/maps. We also recommend Trails Illustrated maps, which are available at many outdoor sporting goods stores and online. If you have a smart phone, we suggest downloading the free app Avenza. This app allows you to purchase and download our Forest map, Trails Illustrated maps, USGS maps as well as our free Motor Vehicle Use Maps, and it enables you to know your location on that map using GPS. Paper maps are available for purchase on most days with check or cash only.
  • Passes: Interagency annual passes are available at REI in Denver and Boulder and online at www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/annual.shtml. These passes as well as other interagency passes such as the senior pass and Annual Fourth Grade Pass can be purchased in person at our office on most days with check or cash only.
  • Information: Our website also has a lot of information, which can be searched using any web browser, key words “Arapaho and Roosevelt” and the specific information you are searching. Or you can browse yourself starting at www.fs.usda.gov/arp. If you can’t find the answer you are looking for, our volunteers and employees are always happy to help by phone or in person on weekdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.) Call 303-541-2500 for recorded information or to talk to one of our employees or volunteers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s