Bike to Work on June 24
Estes Park’s 2015 Bike to Work, Bike to Play activities will take place June 17-30. The centerpiece of these activities is Bike to Work Day June 24 at the Estes Park Visitor Center. Activities, prize drawings and free breakfast for anyone who cycles to the event. Estes Park joins communities across the state to encourage residents to try bicycle commuting or walking as healthy and safe alternatives to driving to work, volunteer or play! Watch for updates on Bike to Work, Bike to Play festivities at http://www.bikeestes.org. Check out the lineup of free activities — there is something for all ages and abilities!
- Basic Bike Maintenance Clinic: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at the Estes Park Mountain Shop. Call 970-586-6548 for information. No reservations necessary.
- Kid’s Fun Bicycle Ride (novice/intermediate youth): 8 a.m. at Rocky Mountain National Park. Reservations required; call 970-586-1415.
- Kids, Kids, Kids: Bike, Run, Fun! 10:30 a.m. in Bond Park. Email email@example.com for more information. No reservations necessary, but registration will be required at the event.
- Guided Ranger Ride along Bear Lake Road corridor (novice/intermediate adult): 8 a.m. in Rocky Mountain National Park. Reservations required; call 970-586-1415.
- Guided Ranger Ride in Moraine Park (novice/adult): 8 a.m. in Rocky Mountain National Park. Reservations required; call 970-586-1415.
Bike to Yoga: 5:30 p.m. by the Stanley Park playground. Free for those who bike to the class. No Reservations required; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bike to Work Day!
Estes Park Visitor Center, 500 Big Thompson Avenue, from 6 to 9 a.m. Cyclists receive free breakfast and coffee (while supplies last), giveaways, the opportunity to ride a seven-person SeptaCycle, bike registration by the Estes Park Police Auxiliary, bike check-ups by the Estes Park Mountain Shop, and a chance to win prizes including a guided rafting trip. Prize winners will be drawn from all participants after the event and contacted later. Sponsored in part by Estes Park Medical Center, Estes Valley Library, El Mex Cal Family Mexican Restaurant, Kind Coffee, The Egg & I, Gerald Mayo/Prudential Team Realty, Estes Valley Partners for Commerce, P & L Business Consultant Charley Dickey, Peppers Mexican Grill, Meditate in the Mountains, Estes Park Cycling Coalition, Estes Valley Recreation and Park District, Estes Park News, Estes Park Mountain Shop, Unink Printworks, Estes Park Marathon, Estes Park High School Mountain Bike Team, and the Town of Estes Park. All ages welcome – including anyone who’s not heading to work and walkers!
- Escape the Ordinary Challenge: Pick up certificate at Bike to Work Day (see above) and redeem at the Estes Valley Library that day between 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Call 970-586-8116 for more information.
- Costume Bike Parade: 6 p.m. riding from Estes Park Visitor Center to Performance Park for the Bike-in Movie, all ages. Riders may wear costumes and/or decorate their bikes. Call 970-577-3762 for information.
- Movie in the Mountains “The Great Outdoors” (PG) Performance Park: beer garden and food concessions begin at 6 p.m., movie begins at sundown. Free admittance and free shuttle service available after film; bike racks not included. Sponsored by Estes Valley Library, Families for Estes, Rotary, Rambo’s Longhorn Liquor, and the Town of Estes Park.