BOULDER – The Colorado Chautauqua Association, steward of Boulder’s cultural and historical gem the Colorado Chautauqua National Historic Landmark, is pleased to announce the addition of the Pat Metheny Quartet to its 2016 Summer Concert Series line up.
The Pat Metheny Quartet will perform at the historic Chautauqua Auditorium on September 21 at 7:30 PM. Tickets ($46.00 – $60.00 ($43.00 – $57.00 Concert Member)) go on sale Friday, April 22 at 10:00 AM to the general public. Member pre-sale begins Monday, April 18 at 10:00 AM, online at tickets.chauatuqua.com.
Pat Metheny has won countless polls as “Best Jazz Guitarist” and awards, including three gold records for “(Still Life) Talking,” “Letter from Home” and “Secret Story.” He has also won 20 Grammy Awards spread out over a variety of different categories including Best Rock Instrumental, Best Contemporary Jazz Recording, Best Jazz Instrumental Solo, Best Instrumental Composition at one point winning seven consecutive Grammys for seven consecutive albums.
Throughout his career, Pat Metheny has continued to redefine the genre by utilizing new technology and constantly working to evolve the improvisational and sonic potential of his instrument.
Over the years, he has performed with artists as diverse as Steve Reich to Ornette Coleman to Herbie Hancock to Jim Hall to Milton Nascimento to David Bowie. Metheny’s body of work includes compositions for solo guitar, small ensembles, electric and acoustic instruments, large orchestras, and ballet pieces and even the robotic instruments of his Orchestrion project, while always sidestepping the limits of any one genre.
Pat continues to be one of the brightest stars of the jazz community, dedicating time to both his own projects and those of emerging artists and established veterans alike, helping them to reach their audience as well as realizing their own artistic visions.
Pat will be joined by Antonio Sanchez (drums percussion), Gwilym Simcock (piano, keyboards) and Linda Oh (bass).
The Pat Metheny Quartet joins fifteen other artists as part of the Chautauqua Summer Concert Series. In addition to the concert line up, the Chautauqua summer series features something for everyone, including six weeks of classical music with the Colorado Music Festival, the 31st annual silent film series with live musical accompaniment, dance performances with Murmuration and the Cleo Parker Dance Ensemble, the 69th annual Barbershop Harmony Festival, hiking plays, family events and much more. For a complete list of upcoming events, please visit chautauqua.com.
2016 CHAUTAUQUA SUMMER CONCERT SERIES LINE UP
Jun 9 Ziggy Marley
Jun 10 Trevor Hall
Jun 11 Paula Poundstone
Jun 12 Gregory Porter with Venus Cruz
Jun 15 Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
Jun 17 Leo Kottke & Keller Williams
Jul 23 Marc Cohn 25th Anniversary show featuring The Blind Boys of Alabama
Jul 29 Indigo Girls
Aug 1 Ryan Bingham with The Americans
Aug 10 Keb’ Mo’ Band
Aug 12 David Grisman Sextet
Aug 16 Melissa Etheridge
Aug 30 Shawn Colvin & Steve Earle
Sep 9 Joey Alexander with Special Guests
Sep 21 Pat Metheny Quartet
Sep 24 The SteelDrivers with The Railsplitters
• All events take place in the historic Chautauqua Auditorium (b.1898)
• Member Presale and General Public on sale info:
– Chautauqua Concert Member Presale begins April 18 at 10:00 a.m. online only at tickets.chautauqua.com
– General Public: April 22 at 10:00 a.m. online only at tickets.chautauqua.com
• The Chautauqua Box Office Kiosk opens May 9 for phone and walk-up sales. Hours: 12 – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 12 – 8 p.m. on Auditorium event days. 303.440.7666.
• Chautauqua Concert Members receive a discount on select tickets and advance purchase privileges.
– The public is welcome to join as members at any time to take advantage of early purchase privileges and discounts.
• All tickets are subject to a service fee.
• The free HOP 2 Chautauqua shuttle is available for all Auditorium concerts. See individual event listing at www.chautauqua.com for schedule details.