The 111th National Western Stock Show got off to another successful start in 2017. Since the doors opened over a week ago on January 7, more than 460,000 guests have visited the Colorado tradition.
“We know that there is so much for people to do and that they live very busy lives. We appreciate having them spend some of that time with us,” said Paul Andrews, National Western Stock Show President & CEO. “The success of our show depends on our guests and we are excited to have had so many come through our gates so far. We work hard all year-long to ensure there is plenty to do and see at the National Western and preserve this Colorado tradition.”
The 2017 Stock Show continues through Sunday, January 22, with ten remaining pro rodeos, including the U.S. Bank Pro Rodeo Finals on Sunday. There are six more horse shows, over 600 trade show exhibits, NW Nursery, educational tours and the announcement of the Grand Champion Steer which will be on display at the Brown Palace, Friday, January 20, 2017. Guest Appreciation Day is Sunday, January 22, with $10 grounds admission tickets and free pony rides compliments of 7-Eleven.
Grounds admission and event tickets are still available at nationalwestern.com and all King Soopers locations.
Sun., Jan 14: 51,746
Mon., Jan 15: 43,516
Tues., Jan 16: 33,489
Pro Rodeo Event Leaders
- #1 in Bareback: O’Connell, Tim, 168 average
- #1 in Steer Wrestling: Gilbert, Gary, 8.9 average
- #1 in Team Roping: Harrell, Kinney & Parchman, Kelsey, 9.6 average
- #1 in Saddle Bronc Riding: Smith, Will, 169 average
- #1 in Tie-down Roping: Costa, Marcos, 16.2 average
- #1 in Barrel Racing: Parker, Kali, 30.8 average
- #1 in Bull Riding: Boquet, Dustin, 168.5 average
See full standings here: Rodeo Results
Jr. Market Lamb
- Grand Champion: Toree Fraze of Comanche, TX with Mac
- Reserve Grand Champion: Madison Rule of Hawarden, IA with Chicken